Or, is this what will be left when he's done?

Or, is this what will be left when he's done?

Saturday, March 7, 2009

Because he thinks the New Deal worked the first time


This article speaks the truth so well, I had to link to it twice:

"
I will finish with a quotation from Roosevelt's secretary of treasury, Henry Morganthau. He admits, the whole thing failed. Again, the quote, you will never see in a textbook, but I have it right here. I went to the Roosevelt Library and dug this one out. Henry Morganthau, Secretary of Treasury, in May, 1939, years after the New Deal, said, "We have tried spending money. We are spending more than we have ever spent before and it does not work. And I have just one interest, and now if I am wrong somebody else can have my job. I want to see this country prosper. I want to see people get a job. I want to see people get enough to eat. We have never made good on our promises. I say after eight years of this administration, we have just as much unemployment as when we started. And enormous debt to boot." That is the secretary of treasury in charge of the money disbursement and statistics collection during the 1930s, making that statement."

http://www.academia.org/campus_reports/2002/summer_2002_3.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep it clean. If you are a liberal, please try and restrain yourself from using the fear, racism, and other Chicago-style tactics currently in use to advance your unholy cause. Better yet, browse on over to monster.com and get a job - it's not possible for everyone to be on welfare.